AIRVET, INC. Last Updated: November 12, 2020
Please review this Policy carefully. By submitting your information to us, by registering for or using the Service, by using the Site, or by voluntarily interacting with us, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your information as set out in this Policy, as revised from time to time.
What We Collect
We receive information about you and/or your pet (collectively, “information”) in various ways.
Information You Provide To Us
- Registration and Profile Information. We collect your name, uploaded photos and content, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, as well as other information you directly provide us through the Service. If you are a Pet Owner, such information may also include: your pet’s identifying information (including name, breed, age, medical conditions, medications, and other notes), your pet’s physical and mental health information, and medical records. If you are a Veterinarian Provider, such information may also include: the name and address of your veterinary practice, a copy of your driver’s license, your professional license number, and medical records. If you sign up using a third party account, we may also receive information from those third party services such as your name, email address, gender, and profile photo.
- Payment Information. When you add a credit card or payment method to your account and make a purchase, we will receive your payment information. If you are a Veterinarian Provider, we may collect bank account details in order to pay you for your services. We work with service providers that may handle this information on our behalf.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our insider tips newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Surveys. If you choose to participate in our surveys, we may collect demographic information from you such as your age, marital status, and gender.
- Chat Logs, Video, and Audio Recordings. We collect chat logs, and video and audio recordings of visits and communications between Pet Owners and Veterinarian Providers.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
Information We Receive From Others
We may receive information about you from other sources and add this to information we get from the Service. For example, we may receive information about Pet Owners from Veterinarian Providers. We also receive information that other Users of our services may post about you, such as Veterinarian Provider ratings and reviews.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect log data about you and your computer or mobile device. For example, when using the Service, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, the pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. The Application may also collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
When you use our Service, if you allow us, we may collect your precise location information. We use your location information to develop and offer you features such as notifying your Veterinarian Provider that you are arriving for your appointment, enabling curbside drop off of your pet, or to match Pet Owners with local Veterinarian Providers. We also infer your general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region).
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site and Application more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Use of Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide, deliver, operate, maintain, and improve the Service and our sites, products, and services.
- To respond to your comments and questions, to manage your account, and to provide customer service.
- To send information to you, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and customer support and administrative messages.
- To facilitate transactions and payments.
- To send you text messages and push notifications.
- To contact you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Service and use it for any lawful purpose.
- To analyze the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them.
- To conduct research and analysis related to our business, products, and services.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity or legal claims.
- We may also use your information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information as follows:
- We may share your information with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
- When you register to use the Service, your user profile and some of your information will be viewable by your Veterinarian Provider.
- Pet Owners may rate and review Veterinarian Providers. These ratings and reviews may be viewable by Veterinarian Providers and other Users of our services.
- We may share your information with your consent. For example, with your consent we will share certain personal information with others for their own direct marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may transfer your information to a third party in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries, or other assets.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us (for example, we share information with vendors and service providers in connection with the provision of our Service)
- We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others.
- We may rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as e-commerce providers, payment card processers, telephone and technical support providers, hosting, data storage and processing service providers, and research and analytics providers.
Your Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. We will endeavor to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
We will take steps to ensure that your information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your information, when required.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application.
Our Service may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to your activities on these third party services or any information you disclose to these third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing any information to them.
The Service is not intended for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not use or provide any information to or through the Service. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of this Policy, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual, and technological security measures with a view to protecting your information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We collect, use and disclose your information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the information in question. By using the Service, you consent to us processing your information as outlined in this Policy now and as amended by us. “Processing” means using cookies on a computer/mobile device or using or touching information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in Canada and the United States.
If you provide information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her information as described in this Policy.
International Transfer and Storage Of Information
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. As a result, your information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Canadian Privacy Rights
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may request access to personal information about you that we have collected, used, or disclosed, and you may request that any necessary corrections be made to your personal information, as permitted by applicable laws.
To ensure that the personal information we retain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change to your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice.
This Policy is current as of the “updated” date which appears at the top of this page. We may modify this Policy from time to time. When changes are made to this Policy they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Policy posted on our website unless otherwise noted. We may also communicate the changes through our services or by other means. By submitting your information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our website, or by voluntarily interacting with us after we publish or communicate a notice about the changes to this Policy, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your information as set out in the revised Policy.
All comments, questions, concerns, or complaints regarding your information or our privacy practices should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
9190 W. Olympic Blvd., #422
Beverly Hills, CA 90212